If you have mobility problems arising from COVID-19 and need books from the libraries of the UPC to read and study, we take them home.
This service is exceptional and is aimed only at users who, due to COVID-19, are confined (due to illness, contact or perimeter confinement). The Service will be in operation for the duration of the pandemic and the sanitary conditions of confinement or reduced mobility.
Who is it for?
- to undergraduate, official master 's and doctoral students of the UPC,
- to PDI i
- to the PAS.
What books can I order?
- Books of the recommended bibliography of the subjects of the UPC.
- Other specialized books from the libraries of the UPC.
How to request the book delivery service?
- Book books at DiscoveryUPC and choose your reference library or the one closest to your home.
- When we have them ready, you will receive an email with instructions.
- If you are confined due to COVID-19 (due to illness, contact or perimeter confinement), ask the Library for courier service to receive the books at home. You can do this by replying to the same email you received. Let us know your situation and provide us with your details to manage the shipment (full name, postal address and a contact telephone number).
- The Library will confirm the service, the duration of the loan and the approximate date on which you will receive them.
How do I request the courier service to return books to the library?
When you receive the notice of termination of the loan, you can renew the document if you do not have any reservations. If you have to return it and you are confined, request the courier service, replying to the mail with or at the end of the loan form and we will pick up the books for you at home.
General conditions of the Service
- Being confined at home due to COVID-19.
- Have restricted mobility due to COVID-19.
- Not having other people (friends, family) who can go to the library to pick up or return the books.
- Territorial limitation: Catalonia.
- The cost of sending and / or returning the books will be borne by the Library.
- Each user can request up to a maximum of 4 submissions.
- The duration of the loan will be agreed between the Library and the user requesting the Service, with a maximum 3 months, renewable if there are no reservations from other users.
- It is the user's responsibility to return the books to the Library within the established period. The user can request the renewal if he needs the books longer or he still cannot move to the Library.
- The return of the books must be done in person, at any of the 24h book return mailboxes from the libraries of UPC or at any of the loan counters. In the event that the user cannot scroll, you can request a message by contacting the Library and requesting the service.