When you want to deposit to E-prints/Conferences UPC a document published or pending publication and no rights transfer contract is available, the author or library that reviews the publication in DRAC must consult the copyright policy of the publisher and / or the corresponding journal .
In this way, you will be able to know if the deposit can be effective and, if so, what version of the specific document you are allowed to deposit and under what conditions (with or without seizure, with or without a CC license ...).
This consultation can be done using the following collections, which detail the copyright policies of the main scientific / technical publishers / journals, as well as the self-archiving options they offer:
These directories indicate which uses allow publishers to publish articles, with a link to the corresponding copyright policies.
Everlasting the information must be checked on the website of the publisher where his copyright policy is collected, since this one It is the main source where the information update is guaranteed obtained
It can be the case that the previous action does not give the necessary information or that it says that the publisher owning the rights does not allow the deposit of any version. In this case:
|Contact with the editor has been possible
- It is recommended that the author contact the publisher directly to try to obtain their authorization (for example, by explaining the non-profit goals of the institutional repository or by negotiating the possible dissemination of the work within a short period of time). of concrete embargo).
- If the publisher gives it a clear view, but requests that a specific credit be mentioned (for example: "reproduced with the authorization of the Tecnipublicaciones Group"), this information must be sent to the library staff in order to This should be included in the descriptive record of the document deposited.
|Contact with the editor has not been possible
If, after exhausting all the previous actions, it has not been possible to obtain information on the conditions of the publishers for the institutional deposit of the work, it is possible to proceed as follows:
- If the publisher has not published its copyright policy (in the magazine, website, Sherpa Romeo / Dulcinea ...), it has not been possible to contact him and, above all, if the author has NOT signed any assignment of exclusive rights, the document with open access can be deposited in E-prints/Conferences UPC. However, it is advisable to make this deposit without any CC license as there is no certainty if the journal has a policy that will bar public communication.
- If the author does not remember if he signed an assignment of rights exclusively, it is preferable to make the deposit locked until this information is not obtained.
- If the author signed a transfer of rights exclusively, only the deposit can be made in closed form. In this case, the work with open access will only be published if the express authorization of the publisher holding the rights of exploitation is obtained.
The following is a detailed procedure in this section graphically: