When you want to deposit to E-prints/Conferences UPC a document published or pending publication and no contract of assignment of rights is available, the author or the library that reviews the publication in DRAC must consult the copyright policy of the publisher and / or corresponding magazine .
In this way, you will be able to know if you can make the deposit effective and, if so, which version of the specific document you are allowed to deposit and under what conditions (with or without a lien, with or without a CC license ...).
This consultation can be done using the following collections, which detail the copyright policies of the main scientific / technical publishers / journals, as well as the self-archiving options they offer:
These directories indicate which uses allow publishers to publish articles, with a link to the corresponding copyright policies.
Everlasting the information must be checked on the website of the publisher where his copyright policy is collected, since this one It is the main source where the information update is guaranteed obtained
It may be the case that the previous action does not provide the necessary information or that it says that the publisher of the rights does not allow the deposit of any version. In this case:
|Contact with the editor has been possible
- It is recommended that the author contact the publisher directly to try to obtain their authorization as well (for example, by explaining the non-profit objectives of the institutional deposit, or by negotiating the possible dissemination of the work within a certain period). of specific embargo).
- If the publisher approves, but requests that a specific credit be mentioned (for example: "reproduced with the permission of Grupo Tecnipublicaciones"), this information must be sent to the library staff in order to that this one includes it in the descriptive record of the deposited document.
|Contact with the editor has not been possible
If, after exhausting all the previous actions, it has not been possible to obtain information on the conditions of the publishers for the institutional deposit of the work, it is possible to proceed as follows:
- If the publisher has not published its copyright policy (in the magazine, website, Sherpa Romeo / Dulcinea ...), it has not been possible to contact him and, above all, if the author has NOT signed any assignment of exclusive rights, the document with open access can be deposited in E-prints/Conferences UPC. However, it is recommended to make this deposit without any CC license as there is no security of whether the journal has a policy that prevents public communication.
- If the author does not remember if he signed an assignment of rights exclusively, it is preferable to make the deposit locked until this information is not obtained.
- If the author signed an exclusive assignment of rights, the deposit may only be made in camera. In this case, the work with open access will only be published if the express permission of the publisher holding the exploitation rights is obtained.
The following is a detailed procedure in this section graphically: