The loan service allows you to borrow documents from the libraries of the UPC.
Check the DiscoveryUPC and check that the document you are looking for is available. If you belong to the library where you are, write down the topographic, locate it and go to the counter with it loan card. If you belong to another library, make the reservation through it DiscoveryUPC.
Returns the documents within the established term to any library of the UPC, except for those of the weekend, which you have to return them on Monday to the same library where you made the loan.
|PDI of the UPC (in active or retired).|
|PDI invited by the UPC.|
|PDI of the centers of the FUB and EAM.|
|User type||Number of documents||Maximum length (depends on the type of document)|
|Teachers (active, retired and invited)||20||90/30/14 days|
More information: Loan duration based on the type of document and the type of user. Spanish version / Inglés version.
Go to My Account with your username and password of the Intranets UPC. Remember the point "."
If you continue to have problems validating yourself, contact us library.
You can renew the documents until 6 times. Once you are in your activity screen, select the documents you want to renew and click on the Renewal button selected.
You can renew the loans as long as:
• No other user has requested the document.
• You have not renewed the document for more than 6 times.
• Do not have documents to return outside of the term.
• The document does not belong to an Institute or Department.
• Do not be a weekend loan.
If you have problems during the renewal process, contact your account library.
Once you have identified yourself, close the document that interests you DiscoveryUPC and click the Reserve it button.
You can reserve any document that has the status available (except copies on weekly or restricted loan types) or is loaned.
A document can only accumulate 3 reserves and you can not reserve more than one copy of the same title (with the exception of titles with more than one volume or accompanying material). If misuse of reservations is detected, they will be canceled.
To request documents that can not be booked from the web, contact the loan desk of any one library.
The reserved documents will be saved during 3 days from the moment you receive the reservation collection notice.
If you return the documents late, they will be applied penalty points for each day of delay and for each document (the number of penalty points depends on the type of document). More information: Loan regulation of the SBPA.
Until this is not met, the user is temporarily excluded from the loan service.
Apply for loan documents from the libraries of the UPC without having to travel and receive them in your workplace by internal mail (exclusive service for PDI and PAS of the UPC).
How to book a document and receive it in your workplace?
1. Find the document in DiscoveryUPC.
2. Click the Reserve button on the right or the top of the screen (only the documents that can be booked show this button).
3. Identify yourself My Account.
4. Select the option (PDI / PAS) your Campus / Center-Place of work as a collection site and press the Send button.
5. Select the desired copy and click the Request the selected copy button.
6. If the request was sent correctly, a confirmation message will appear indicating that you will receive the document in your workplace. If the reservation is not possible, a message will appear informing you.