The loan service allows you to borrow documents from the libraries of the UPC.
See the lens assembly tutorial DiscoveryUPC and check that the document you are looking for is available. If you belong to the library where you are, write down the topographic, locate it and go to the counter with it loan card. If you belong to another library, make the reservation through it DiscoveryUPC.
Returns the documents within the established term to any library of the UPC.
|PDI of the UPC (in active or retired).|
|PDI invited by the UPC.|
|PDI of the centers of the FUB and EAM.|
|Postgraduate student of the UPC (PhD students and official masters students).|
|User type||Number of documents||Maximum duration (depending on document type) *|
|Postgraduate, Master's or PhD students||20||30/14 days|
|Teachers (active, retired and invited)||20||90 / 30 / 14 days|
* Log in to My Account to know the loan duration of each document.
Go to My Account with your username and password of the Intranets UPC (PDI) or the Virtual Campus (student). Remember the point "."
If you continue to have problems validating yourself, contact us library.
You can renew documents up to a maximum renewal period, which is equivalent to 6 times. Once you are in your activity screen, select the documents you want to renew and click on the Renewal button selected.
You can renew the loans as long as:
• No other user has requested the document.
• The renewal is done within the loan term.
• You have not exceeded the maximum renewal period.
• You have no documents to return.
• Don't get stuck.
If you have problems during the renewal process, contact your account library.
Once you have identified yourself, close the document that interests you DiscoveryUPC and click the button Book at UPC. Prioritize this button over PUC Request.
You cannot reserve more than one copy of the same title (with the exception of titles with more than one volume or accompanying material). If misuse of reservations is detected, they will be canceled.
The reserved documents will be saved during 5 days from the time you receive the Booking Notice to pick up.
We offer different options for returning the books you have on loan:
In any of the 24-hour mailboxes you will find at the library entrance:
Remember that you must return the documents within the set deadline.
If you return the documents late, it applies 1 day penalty for each day of delay and document. These sanctions apply immediately.
Until this is not met, the user is temporarily excluded from the loan service.
Apply for loan documents from the libraries of the UPC without having to travel and receive them in your workplace by internal mail (exclusive service for PDI and PAS of the UPC).
How to book a document and receive it in your workplace?
1. Find the document in DiscoveryUPC.
2. Identify yourself My Account.
3. Click the button Book at UPC (Only bookable documents show this button).
4. Select the option Receive in the workplace as the Collection Library and press the Submit Request button.
5. If the request was sent successfully, a confirmation message will appear. You will receive the document at your place of work. If booking is not possible, you will receive a cancellation email.