As of August 18, 2022, all public profiles on Publons, a free social platform that was part of Clarivate Analytics, have been migrated to the Web of Science Researcher Profile, the single point of access and management of your old Publons profile.
What is the Web of Science Researcher Profile?
- It is the Web of Science Researcher Profile that provides an overview of a researcher's scholarly work, including publications that are in or outside the Web of Science Main Collection, reviews by peers, grant reviews and editorial work.
- Each profile is assigned a Web of Science ResearcherID, an identification number for each author that distinguishes them from other researchers of the same name and that is automatically created if you have an indexed publication or a profile created in WoS.
How to create or manage the new Web of Science researcher profile?
- In this guide Clarivate explains step by step how to create, correct, modify... your researcher profile.
- There are different sections depending on whether you already have a profile on Publons, if you are already registered on Web of Science...
How to claim author registrations in the Web of Science Core Collection?
- Through the researcher search tab, researcher profiles and author records can be located in the main collection of Web of Science, with coverage of publications entered since 1900.
- If you have publications indexed in the main collection of Web of Science, you have at least 1 author record. You may have a researcher profile (if you had one in Publons) and one or more author records (which are created automatically through an algorithm when new publications are indexed on Web of Science ).
- In aquest video it is explained very briefly how to manage it to improve your profile as a researcher.
Do you have more doubts?
- Consult the page of support from Clarivate to resolve questions about how to access your researcher profile, how to maintain it, how to add publications, how to link it with ORCID...
- You may also contact Clarivate's technical team for assistance, feedback, and/or for any other reason by creating a ticket of support
For more information and to stay up to date see the different webinars offered by Web of Science a External training or contact info.biblioteques@upc. Edu
Periodically check that all your publications are collected in your Web of Science Researcher Profile. We recommend that you create an alert in the database under your name.