As of April 15, 2019, the ResearcherID platform has ceased to exist. All public profiles of www.researcherid.com have been migrated automatically to Publons, a free and social platform that is part of Web of Science, Clarivate Analytics.
ResearcherID is renamed Web of Science ResearcherID and is integrated into Publons as an identification number for each author that allows you to link the author profile between the two platforms (Web of Science and Publons) and through the Web of Science ResearcherID the metrics derived from scientific production are synchronized: citations and H index.
What benefits do you have with the new profile in Publons
- Web of Science citation metrics are updated automatically
- Allows linking to other profiles such as ORCID, Google or Linkedin
- Allows peer reviews to be visible
- The Publons profile can be downloaded in PDF
What do I do to get a Web of Science ResearcherID
You have two options but first check that you do not have any author profile created in Publons:
- Create an account in Publons and import at least one publication indexed in Web of Science or from a publication indexed in Web of Science click the option "claim in Publons" generating an account in Publons with a ResearcherID.
- You will receive an email with a personal identifier number on the "Web of Science ResearcherID" that will distinguish you from other researchers of the same name.
If you have WoS-indexed posts, you should have a unique author profile linked to your ResearcherID and linked to your Publons platform profile. See the guide for profile review in Wos to follow step by step how to review and send corrections to the Clarivate team
Check them out FAQs to Publons
For more information and to stay up to date see the different webinars offered by Web of Science a Online training.