Take full advantage of the databases in engineering! Get to know the EngineeringVillage platform (Inspec, Compendex), IEEEXplore, Web of Science and Scopus.
This activity is part of the "Your doctoral thesis" itinerary. It is recommended at an initial phase of preparation of the thesis.
- Search strategies
- Inspec and Compendex: databases on engineering (civil, structures, IT, electronics, energy, materials and metallurgy, bioengineering, air and water pollution, chemical waste management).
- IEEE Xplore: Database of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc. which includes the full text of the magazines, norms and conference proceedings edited by IEEE / IEE.
- Web of science and Scopus
Free for members UPC. External, 25 eur / hAddressed to:
Doctorate, PAS, PDIKeywords:
Information retrieval, Information resources, Library servicesMore information:
The course will be carried out if you get at least five registrations.
L'ICE issue a certificate of attendance to the participants.
This course is recommended at an initial phase of preparation of the thesis. It is part of the "Your doctoral thesis" itinerary, consisting of the following courses:
- Tools to organize the information
- Resources and information services in ...
- advanced Mendeley
- The scientific publication
- Visibility and impact of research
- Elaboration of the manuscript of the thesis