Take full advantage of the databases in engineering! Get to know the EngineeringVillage platform (Inspec, Compendex), IEEEXplore, Web of Science and Scopus.
Activity addressed to PDI and PhDs from the UPC. For doctoral students, this workshop is part of the “Your doctoral thesis” itinerary. It is recommended in an initial phase of thesis preparation.
New sessions of this workshop will be scheduled soon.
- Search strategies
- Inspec and Compendex: databases on engineering (civil, structures, IT, electronics, energy, materials and metallurgy, bioengineering, air and water pollution, chemical waste management).
- IEEE Xplore: Database of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc. which includes the full text of the magazines, norms and conference proceedings edited by IEEE / IEE.
- Web of science and Scopus
- Web search engines
- How to stay up-to-date in your subject area
Are you interested? You can tell us in info.biblioteques@upc. Edu.
Free for members UPC. External, 25 eur / hAddressed to:
Doctorate, PAS, PDIKeywords:
Information search, Your doctoral thesis, Information resources, Library servicesMore information:
The course will be carried out if you get at least five registrations.
L'ICE issue a certificate of attendance to the participants.
For doctoral students this course is recommended in an initial phase of the elaboration of the thesis and is part of the itinerary “Your doctoral thesis”, formed by the following courses:
- Tools to organize the information
- Resources and information services in ...
- Reference managers
- The scientific publication
- Visibility and impact of research
- Elaboration of the manuscript of the thesis
- Open Science