Take advantage of all the online training (tutorials, webinars, etc.) offered by information providers.
Wiley author workshop
- On November 17 from 16:00 to 17:00 p.m. the Wiley publishing house organizes a workshop in Spanish to help research staff increase the chances of publishing in scientific journals and promoting articles once published.
Springer-Nature: publish articles in immediate open access
- On November 18 from 12:30 to 14:00 Springer-Nature organizes a workshop aimed at research staff to publish articles in immediate open access with APC's of the CRUE-CSIC transformative agreement.
II Web of Science online training cycle
- The FECYT together with Clarivate has organized 15 sessions in the morning and afternoon that will take place from the1 to 22 in November and lasting 60 minutes.
- These are courses on advanced tips for finding and analyzing information, such as using the EndNote manager, ...
- Prior registration required with institutional email (@upc.edu)
- 30-minute sessions, on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 13:00 (in Spanish) on the use of the Elibro platform where we have access to the collection of electronic books on architecture, urbanism and design
- Learn how to search, create an account, underline, share folders, read online, download, and more.
- Prior registration is required
Extraordinary online training Scopus
- The FECYT together with Elsevier have organized online sessions in the morning and afternoon that will take place on October 18-29 and lasting 60 minutes.
- These are 10 courses on different Scopus functionalities: searches, metrics, Cite Score, ...
- Prior registration required with institutional email (@upc.edu).
Best Practice in food science and nutrition literature searching
- Webinar organized by OVID that will take place on October 19 at 15 pm where we will talk about controlled vocabulary and how it can help us find scientific literature on high quality food
IEEE Autorship and Open Access Sympossium
- Presentation on 29 September of the webinar organized by the IEEE on best practices for publishing and increasing the impact of research
Start the course with Web of Science
- Recording of the webinar organized by Clarivate on September 28 on the new Web interface of Science and other Clarivate tools.
Web of Science Academy (Clarivate): new courses
- Web of Science Academy (Clarivate), a free e-Learning platform designed by experts to support researchers, offers the following courses as news:
- An introduction to peer review: an introduction to peer review, the process and type of review and how to structure a review report. The course takes approximately 30 minutes to complete.
- Reviewing in the Sciences: to be searched in each section of the manuscript and to use a peer-reviewed template to structure the final review report. The course is aimed at researchers who have published in their field and who may soon begin receiving invitations to review them. This course takes approximately 1,5 hours to complete.
- Courses can have short expert videos related to the contents of the modules, some questions about the knowledge test and a small final questionnaire that tests your new skills. You will need a 100% score on the final quiz to complete this course, after which you will be able to download a certificate of completion.
- To access the course you must register on the platform and you can use the same credentials as Web of Science
A la carte sessions on Web of Science
- If you have missed any training or are interested in expanding your knowledge of Web of Science, you can retrieve the recorded sessions.
- Choose your language, filter by the tool you are interested in, and view the recording at any time.
Webinar new Web of Science
Recording of the session on Tuesday 22 June on the new Web of Science.
Scopus online training cycle (news and new features)
- Recording of the 5 courses organized by FECYT and Elsevier organized from 7 to 11 June.
Scopus Online Conference
- Recording of the Conference organized by the FECYT and Elsevier on 12 and 23 April
Do you want to improve your profile for promotion and funding applications?
- Recording of March 25
Enhance your search with Researcher Academy (Elsevier)
- Researcher Academy provides free access to countless e-learning resources designed by experts to support researchers at each stage of the research process cycle. Check out the module catalog to discover a world of knowledge and get certificates and rewards as you progress.
- You must register with the institutional e-mail and use the same password for the rest of Elsevier's services.
Updates to the new Web of Science organized by Clarivate
- Recording of the February 18 session.
Web of Science and EndNote Click (formerly Kopernio)
- Recording of the session on February 25.
II Cycle online training organized by the FECYT and Elsevier (Scopus)
- Recording of the 5 courses held from 14 to 18 December 2020
Introduction to the new Web of Science platform
- During 2021, Clarivate will launch a new Web of Science interface with more features and enhancements.
- From November 18, members of the UPC they will be able to access the new interface to familiarize themselves with the new entron although the main access will be Web of Science Clasic.
- Recording of November 26, 2020
II Cycle of online training organized by the FECYT and Clarivate (Web of Science)
- Recording of the 10 courses (5 in English) that took place from 9 to 27 November 2020.
II Cycle of online training organized by the FECYT and Elsevier (Scopus)
- Recording of the 6 courses (3 in English) that took place from October 26 to November 9, 2020.
The visibility and analysis of open access research on the Web of Science
- Webex recording that took place on October 27, 2020
Are people looking for their publications on Web of Science?
- Webex recording of October 29, 2020 to know how to search, track and claim publications in Web of Science with the new functionalities "Author Search BETA" and "Author records" and synchronize them with the Publons profile.
How to publish your article with Wiley
- Training given by Ale Barciela, Wiley Customer Training: recording on October 6, 2020
IEEE Author's Workshop
- Seminar on how to publish with IEEE: webex recording of September 23, 2020
II Cycle of online training organized by FECYT and Clarivate (WoS)
Recording of the 10 courses on Web of Science (September 14-18, 2020)
Web of Science & InCites Live Online Training
- Web of Science and Incites (JCR)
- Strategies for searching IEEE Xplore: Webex recording April 22nd
Management of research data in projects
- Mantra, research data management training
Publication of articles
- Tutorials Springer by authors and reviewers: Writing a journal manuscript, Journal presentation and peer review, Writing in English, How to do peer review and Open access
- Videotutorials about Mendeley (UIB)