Take advantage of all the online training (tutorials, webinars, etc.) offered by information providers.
Social sciences, arts and humanities in the Web of Science and JCR
- Course on the new impact indicator for arts and humanities journals that have recently joined the JCR and will take place on April 28 from 11 a.m. to noon.
- Prior registration is required with the institutional mail
EndNote Clarivate Webinars
- Recording of the "Managing my bibliography with EndNote Online" session on March 14
Authorship and Open Access Symposium: tips and best practiceices to get published from IEEE Editors
- Webinar organized by IEEE that will take place on March 30 at 15 p.m.
Webinars in Spanish organized by the publishing house Wiley
Advanced searches with Wiley magazines: practical exercises with Booleans
- Session to be held on April 7 from 16:00 pm to 17:00 pm.
Introduction to the Cochrane Library
Webinar to be held on April 12 from 16:00 pm to 17:00 pm
IEEE Xplore: “Search Strategies to Personalize Your Research Experience”
- Recording of the webinar on March 3
Online Web of Science training cycle
- Recording of the 15 courses organized by FECYT together with Clarivate on different aspects of Web of Science held from March 7 to 25, 2022
I Online training cycle Scopus
- Recording of the 10 courses on different aspects of the Scopus database carried out between 14 and 18 February 2022
Derwent: Finding innovations hidden in patent applications
- Recording of the webinar organized by Clarivate.
II Scopus online training cycle
- Recording of the 5 courses on the latest news from the Scopus database.
II Web of Science online training cycle
- Recording of the 15 sessions organized by the FECYT together with Clarivate on advanced tips for finding and analyzing information, how to use the EndNote manager, ...
IEEE Autorship and Open Access Sympossium
- Presentation on 29 September of the webinar organized by the IEEE on best practices for publishing and increasing the impact of research.
Start the course with Web of Science
- Recording of the webinar organized by Clarivate on September 28 on the new Web interface of Science and other Clarivate tools.
Web of Science Academy (Clarivate): new courses
- Web of Science Academy (Clarivate), a free e-Learning platform designed by experts to support researchers, offers the following courses as news:
- An introduction to peer review: an introduction to peer review, the process and type of review and how to structure a review report. The course takes approximately 30 minutes to complete.
- Reviewing in the Sciences: to be searched in each section of the manuscript and to use a peer-reviewed template to structure the final review report. The course is aimed at researchers who have published in their field and who may soon begin receiving invitations to review them. This course takes approximately 1,5 hours to complete.
- Courses can have short expert videos related to the contents of the modules, some questions about the knowledge test and a small final questionnaire that tests your new skills. You will need a 100% score on the final quiz to complete this course, after which you will be able to download a certificate of completion.
- To access the course you must register on the platform and you can use the same credentials as Web of Science
A la carte sessions on Web of Science
- If you have missed any training or are interested in expanding your knowledge of Web of Science, you can retrieve the recorded sessions.
- Choose your language, filter by the tool you are interested in, and view the recording at any time.
Webinar new Web of Science
Recording of the session on Tuesday 22 June on the new Web of Science.
Scopus online training cycle (news and new features)
- Recording of the 5 courses organized by FECYT and Elsevier organized from 7 to 11 June.
Scopus Online Conference
- Recording of the Conference organized by the FECYT and Elsevier on 12 and 23 April
Do you want to improve your profile for promotion and funding applications?
- Recording of March 25
Enhance your search with Researcher Academy (Elsevier)
- Researcher Academy provides free access to countless e-learning resources designed by experts to support researchers at each stage of the research process cycle. Check out the module catalog to discover a world of knowledge and get certificates and rewards as you progress.
- You must register with the institutional e-mail and use the same password for the rest of Elsevier's services.
Updates to the new Web of Science organized by Clarivate
- Recording of the February 18 session.
Web of Science and EndNote Click (formerly Kopernio)
- Recording of the session on February 25.
II Cycle online training organized by the FECYT and Elsevier (Scopus)
- Recording of the 5 courses held from 14 to 18 December 2020
Introduction to the new Web of Science platform
- During 2021, Clarivate will launch a new Web of Science interface with more features and enhancements.
- From November 18, members of the UPC they will be able to access the new interface to familiarize themselves with the new entron although the main access will be Web of Science Clasic.
- Recording of November 26, 2020
II Cycle of online training organized by the FECYT and Clarivate (Web of Science)
- Recording of the 10 courses (5 in English) that took place from 9 to 27 November 2020.
II Cycle of online training organized by the FECYT and Elsevier (Scopus)
- Recording of the 6 courses (3 in English) that took place from October 26 to November 9, 2020.
The visibility and analysis of open access research on the Web of Science
- Webex recording that took place on October 27, 2020
Are people looking for their publications on Web of Science?
- Webex recording of October 29, 2020 to know how to search, track and claim publications in Web of Science with the new functionalities "Author Search BETA" and "Author records" and synchronize them with the Publons profile.
How to publish your article with Wiley
- Training given by Ale Barciela, Wiley Customer Training: recording on October 6, 2020
IEEE Author's Workshop
- Seminar on how to publish with IEEE: webex recording of September 23, 2020
II Cycle of online training organized by FECYT and Clarivate (WoS)
Recording of the 10 courses on Web of Science (September 14-18, 2020)
Web of Science & InCites Live Online Training
- Web of Science and Incites (JCR)
- Strategies for searching IEEE Xplore: Webex recording April 22nd
Management of research data in projects
- Mantra, research data management training
Publication of articles
- Tutorials Springer by authors and reviewers: Writing a journal manuscript, Journal presentation and peer review, Writing in English, How to do peer review and Open access
- Videotutorials about Mendeley (UIB)