- To consult the old holdings, you must present your card UPC or, failing that, the researcher card, DNI or passport, together with the duly completed form or consultation forms.
- You can ask to consult several works but only one will be delivered to the user at a time.
- You need to work with pencil. You can also work with the user's computer or electronic devices.
- The consultation must always be made at the table reserved for restricted access documents.
- If you leave the room for a while, you must give the books to the librarian of the room. Never leave books alone.
- In case of documents in poor condition, the Reserve staff may refuse to consult them.
- For the background check you need to wash your hands well beforehand.
- In the case of large, fragile or very old books, it will be necessary to use the cushion provided by the library staff and follow the instructions for their correct handling.
- The book must be treated with care without opening it excessively by tightening the binding (using a pillow for consultation), turning the pages little by little, etc.
- Books with rigid bindings cannot be opened at an angle greater than 90 degrees
To order. A company with specialized equipment does the reproduction at the expense of the applicant
If you would like to arrange a visit to our old collection, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us: date, number of attendees, books you are interested in seeing.
Due to the current situation, group visits cannot be made temporarily.
If a teacher wants to give classes showing books from the old collection, these can be done in the library itself. Contact the library (biblioteca.etsab@upc. Edu) at least 15 days in advance to request the session.
The conditions are as follows:
- The date and time of the session must be agreed with the library 15 days in advance.
- The teacher must send the list of books to be consulted 15 days before the session.
- The library assesses the state of preservation of the books, confirms the possibility of consulting them and prepares the necessary materials for their handling.
- The maximum number of people attending the sessions is 10 people (in addition to the teacher and library staff).
- A person from the library will be present during the session to handle the materials consulted.
Due to the current situation, group sessions or consultations cannot be held temporarily.