Call for papers/posters
List of participants
Annual Conference Fund
LIBER Award for Library Innovation
We are happy to announce that the following submissions have received the 2011 LIBER Award for Library Innovation:
- - Getting to know the library users’ needs - Experimental ways to user centered library innovation.
- Thomas Vibjerg Hansen (1); Karen Harbo (2). Aalborg University Library, Denmark (1); ASB Library, Aarhus School of Business and Social Sciences, Denmark (2)
- - The handheld library. Developments at the Rector Gabriel Ferraté Library, UPC.
- Beatriz Benitez Juan; Javier Clavero Campos; Miquel Codina Vila; Andrés Pérez Gálvez.. Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC), Barcelona, Spain
- - The role of libraries in the future Internet.
- Klaus Tochtermann; Tamara Pianos. ZBW Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, Germany
The LIBER Award for Library Innovation honours the three abstracts which best describe innovative work in the overall theme of the Annual Conference “Getting Europe ready for 2020: the libraries' role in research, education and society”.
Award winning abstracts will be selected from the abstracts for papers/posters submitted to the LIBER Annual Conference. See Call for papers/posters
Specific criteria for the Award selection will be
- Level of innovation
- Impact on the wider library community
- Scalability of the idea
- Expected return-on-investment
The 3 abstracts which best fulfill these criteria will be chosen by a LIBER Award Committee, including 2 representatives of the Programme Committee and 2 representatives of Elsevier. The 3 winners of the LIBER Awards will be informed by the LIBER Award Committee on 30 March 2011 at the latest.
The prize consists of the opportunity to present the winning paper/poster at the LIBER Annual Conference 2011 in Barcelona, Spain, free registration, plus travelling expenses and accommodation.* The 3 winners will receive their prize during a short ceremony at the LIBER Annual Conference in Barcelona.
The LIBER Award for Library Innovation was instituted by LIBER, with support from Elsevier.
* With a maximum of 1,000 Euros per submission, based on economy class travel and accommodation for up to 4 nights in a hotel from the list of recommended hotels on the Conference website. Real costs will be reimbursed after the Conference, on condition that the author attends the Conference and presents his/her paper/poster in person.